Wednesday 18 November 2020

Forth River at Turners Beach.

The Forth River flowing into Bass Strait.  Just around the corner is a small village called Turners Beach, there is a caravan park there. We used to stay a lot at the caravan park not in busy times and towards the end of our lease and when we no longer had the Garden Centre, if Staff needed us at the weekend we were not far away, that's before we retired!  In those days we had another caravan which served us well.
 
Even though I was a Registered Nurse for several years and nursing I made a career change and joined my husband in his work that being a Nurseryman and Horticulturist. We had a Garden Centre and Nursey, sold Giftware and all manner of things. The people that owned the building and business my husband had managed it for many years, the day it opened in fact then together we leased that business for several years. We worked long hours 7 days a week and rarely took holidays. 
I loved it, similar to nursing in one way.
Now that garden centre and nursery is closed after many people leased it and then the building sold.
From memory our business was one of the first to have a 'homepage' on the internet :) Wonderful memories.

The Forth Bridge below


 
Turners Beach sunset.  Always can count on a reasonable sunset from this beach which I might add is rather pebbly.  Horses and riders sometimes ride along the beach, there are stairs from the caravan park to the beach.

37 comments:

  1. Nice view of the river and bridge. Beautiful sunset from the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious photos. I do look forward to traveling Tasmania with you - I often see your posts in the early hours of our morning and enjoy them.
    I like the parallel you drew between horticulture and nursing too - and am very glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thoroughly enjoyed both professions. Looking after people and plants so they could and can live.

      Delete
  3. Laa luz incide en el agua, iluminando su belleza. Se ve precioso el curso del río.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice views and a beautiful sunset. Memories made along the way are nice to have especialy if you got pleasure from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely you are right on that. As I go through my photos memories always come to mind :)

      Delete
  5. You have an interesting working history. It is a pity so many smaller nurseries have closed in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose with the big stores selling plants and so on has caused many a smaller nursery to close in some areas.
      That's only half of what I did Andrew.

      Delete
  6. How interesting, thank you for telling us about your life Margaret. It must have been lovely to have your own nursery, a lot of hard work no doubt. My parents had a caravan for many years later on in life, and as a child we would have holidays in one near the seaside. I have very happy memories of those days. Great photos, loved the sunset especially and thank you for always including the map.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Denise about the map, most would have no idea where on this Island I was when the photos were taken.
      Much hard work regarding the nursery but rewarding and I loved it, but I hate gardening :) but like a nice garden - if that makes sense.

      Delete
  7. I like to look at these pictures.
    A place I would really, really like to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a logical combination--- and I am not surprised. And I imagine you were quite good at both. I especially like the first and third pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm told I was one of the most caring nurses :)
      The business was very successful which was pleasing.

      Delete
  9. I do enjoy travelling with you. Your photos are always beautiful. Thanks for sharing. We are in lockdown here in SA, so nobody is going anywhere, just so glad we got back from our trip to Eyre Peninsula last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie.
      Hopefully it's on the 6 days then. Yes, lucky you returned and had a break away..
      Take care.

      Delete
  10. La puesta de sol es preciosa. Tuviste un bonito trabajo. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great images and am sure very good memory too. if wishes were horses beggars would ride that's why memories are there to keep us moving from one chapter to another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly the horses and their riders on the beach were race horses :)
      Always good to have nice memories.

      Delete
  12. Turners Beach sunset looks amazing ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow how nice you both were able to work together :)sounds like an ideal pattern of married life :)
    one of my school is nurse in the army and she praises the profession ,i was tend to but i had to quit science subjects due to sickness during matriculation unfortunately
    river images are CAPTIVATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop