A bit of history below of the Power Station that was, it's now used as a museum.
There are many walks to be done there.
The Duck Reach Power Station was built by the Launceston Municipal Council and generated hydro-electricity almost continuously for 60 years - from 1895 to 1955. It was the first publicly owned hydro-electric power station in Australia and one of the earliest in the world.
At its peak the station had a capacity of 2,600 horsepower and could produce two megawatts of electricity, enough to light 1,200 homes in Launceston. In the 1920's, Duck Reach powered unprecedented industrial development in Launceston and set the model for the later hydro-industrialisation of Tasmania.
The new vehicle is similar to the old one but a 2019 model. We have to get as close to 3,000klm before we set sail later next month so the vehicle can have it's first service. We had had the old one for 4-1/2 years, it was time to trade it in whilst we could get a good trade-in price.
One can walk down the steep path over the swinging bridge to the power station, we didn't.
The photos below are a view of part of the Gorge which goes a fair distance to the Cataract Gorge.
Testing the phone camera.