Monday 16 September 2013

The Long Paddock!

In some areas of Australia we have 'The Long Paddock'. Could be an event or a stock route, however the long paddock I am referring to is the Highway or a particular highway in New South Wales, (NSW) Australia.
Whilst travelling we have come across long paddocks many times. A long paddock is usually the feed for cattle on the side of a long road.
I recall a modern Drover sitting underneath a big gumtree in a long paddock talking on his mobile phone, the other hand holding the horse's reins and the cattle feeding on the long grass. Another modern Drover that we saw just recently was riding a Motorbike, another Drover was on a Quadbike, along with another Drover riding his horse.
I managed to grab the camera to take these shots of some of the cattle.







6 comments:

  1. I wonder how well they react to traffic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I would never trust my cattle on the road I would never get them back home, they always wanted to travel:) I love seeing this M I had no idea. Great shots. xoxo G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B. The cattle are used to 'travel' plus there are drovers who look after the cattle. Hugs M xoxox

      Delete
  3. Being an Aussie I knew what you meant when you said the long paddock......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good Jo-Anne,sometimes we don't know if the same is done in other countries, and it also can be hard to explain.

      Delete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop