Saturday 21 September 2013

Flowers!

The daffodils are just about finished blooming this spring with the days getting warmer along with the nights, and of course spring showers.

I have had my father staying with us this past week, he enjoys the company so he says. Next week I will drive 230 km (round trip) and bring him home to stay again before he goes into the private hospital for a small procedure, then he will come back to my house till he is strong enough, then I take him home again to his house.  I stay with my father for 2 to 3 nights each week if he isn't staying at our house. He is now used to our house as to where things are, but there are several things he can't do due to his blindness.

The photo of the very small daffodil is only sharp in the middle but that is they way I wanted it.




The first of the Freesias.


Another Iris, and I prefer this colour than the last one I photographed.

12 comments:

  1. Oh M I know how much spending time with your Dad means to you. I do think you are an amazing daughter and he knows that.I will be sending good thoughts for the drive you have to do and the little procedure. Take care my dear dear friend. The photos and flowers are beautiful HUGS xoxoxo G

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope your dad's procedure goes well and he recovers quickly. that's a lot of driving. your flower pics are gorgeous and remind me of my mother. she grew wonderful freesias and dafs. my blue irises flowered again this year but didn't last long. they are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks F, and yes it's a lot of traveling by myself and does make me a little tired, but I will get over it.
      I love the irises, most bulbs don't seem to flower for that long.

      Delete
  3. Lovely spring flowers - I can tell that you are a wonderful daughter to your special father - hope everything goes well for him in hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary,
      My father was always there for me all my life, I am lucky to have a father like I have :) and thanks.

      Delete
  4. Good pictures, the first flowers are also present in our garden.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's amazing when on the other side of the world we each have the same flowers.

      Delete
  5. You are a good carer. I love the colour of the Iris. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, I try to be good with my dad.
      Iris's are a beautiful colour especially that one.

      Delete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop