Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day

A poem I wrote remembering my mother on Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day to all mums where Mother's Day is recognized today. 



    The night was dark, I was drawn to the attic,
    And there I sat on the dusty old box
    My mind wandering back in the past,
    To the sweet lady that's in my locket.

    Complexion of peaches and cream,
    Eyes that always smiled,
    Colour bluer than the day time sky,
    Brighter than a star.

    She walked each path of life with pride,
    Head always held high,
    Always smiled,
    I thought of the sweet lady that's in my locket
    With the young one by her side.

    Today I remember her, today is her day,
    - I always remember her -
    For she is my mother, and I am that child,
    In the locket. 
    Copyright JMD.

8 comments:

  1. Oh M this is beautiful. I love the locket and the and I know you miss your Mom but you know she is always with you.
    I love this poem it made me cry.
    Happy Mother's Day my dear friend. You are so very clever with technical creative things.
    xxoo G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh M I meant to say I love the locket and the beautiful photo. Cyber space seemed to have stolen the photo word:) G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello B, my dear friend.
    Thanks for your kind words, and yes, my mum is with me in my heart and have lots of lovely memories :)
    I liked making the locket because it's 'special'...xoxox M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, you know, how I took my mom for granted for many years. Thank God the dear lady has lived long enough for me to be able to express my love for her.

    Hope you are having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super done with this locket, would it be possible to put one of your own pictures in it? I would be very interested to use this. Thanks for informing me.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Clint,
    Thank you, had a lovely day.

    Filip & Kristel,
    Thank you.

    As far as I am aware I would have to start from the beginning with another photo to make a locket, which I can do if I have the photo.
    Lockets can also be made in a darker shade of silver and also in silver colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the locket wow talk about lovely and the poem really touched me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jo-Anne,
    Thanks about the locket I made :)
    The Poem...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop