Saturday 5 October 2024

The History of the Black Swan

link to the history of the black swan. I found the reading very interesting if you too are interested do give it a read.  

These photos were taken in Oatlands, Tasmania, Australia, yes, I was born there years ago!  Yet, I never lived there but live for 8 months in a schoolhouse with my parents in another area not far from Oatlands.  My mother used to put me out in the snow all rugged up to help give me rosy cheeks.  In the December of the year I was born we all moved to New Town a suburb of Hobart where my Dad then 21 years of age joined the Police force until he retired at 65 years of age.  I lived with my parents in many towns and cities within Tasmania until I married.

Oatlands has a lot of history and wetlands, and one can stay next to them if you have a caravan as we did at the time of taking photos.  Everytime I tried to get close to the swans they flew away, so hence these photos are from a distance.


A graphic I made.







Oatlands is where those red marks are.


7 comments:

  1. Bellissime queste fotografie di cigno. Non ne ho mai visti di questo colore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of these black swans. I've only seen them in photos, the white swans are the only ones I've seen here. Thanks for the link, I'm headed there now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of those black swans, as beautiful are those memories that are engraved in our minds forever
    Happy weekend.
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely story and connection to Oatlands! It’s amazing how places hold both personal and historical significance. The swans sound so elusive, but your photos must have captured their beauty, even from a distance. Thank you for sharing your memories and the rich history of Oatlands and Tasmania.

    I just posted new post, I invite you to read https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/10/mushroom-coffee-health-benefits-ingredients-guide.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating Margaret, I enjoyed you telling about your early life very much. Your graphic is beautiful and I loved all the black swan photos. Fun to see the map as always and thanks for a great post, and also the link. I am going there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Una vida llena de aventuras, al cambiar tantas veces de lugar.
    Feliz fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop