Monday, 6 July 2026

Renmark Sunset, South Australia.

Renmark South Australia is 1,220 km from home here in Launceston and of course taking the Ferry across the sea is necessary if you take your car or car and caravan as we did some years ago.  There are many places to stay, Hotel, Motel or a Caravan Park where we stayed, with the River Murray at our door.  

These photos were taken of the River Murray on one of our visits there looking towards one of the Hotels.  There are about 4,700 residents in the town and 10,274 people in the wider population. The photos are in order as taken. 

There are paddle steamers on the River Murray so a nice cruise can be taken.

Also grown in the area are citrus fruit, wine grapes, almonds, figs, cumquats, olives, persimmons, avocados, walnuts, pistachios and bush produce. 

Winter has finally arrived here in Launceston, Tasmania.





96 comments:

  1. Glad you made it there safe and sound. Stunning photos. How cool that they grow so many yummy ingredients. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did make it there safe a few years ago. They grow a lot of fruit in that area as they do in other areas of Australia.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, beyond amazing your photos Margaret. Thank you for sharing them, and for another great map :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved reading about the place too :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Denise, it's a nice town and those sunsets were out of this world for winter.

      Delete
  3. Your photos are very beautiful. You must live in a wonderful area when you can grow all kind of fruits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marit. We here in Tasmania can grow a lot of fruit as well as many areas of Australia, I guess we are lucky in that way.

      Delete
  4. So beautiful and so different from my place..I love it๐Ÿ’–

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. I can imagine it's very different from your homeland. Yest you have beautiful things there that we don't or can't have :)

      Delete
  5. Was fรผr wunderschรถne Bilder von einem groรŸartigen Sonnenuntergang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and in winter too, Australia in most areas have beautiful winter sunsets.

      Delete
  6. Bella imagen. Te deseo una buena semana. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing these wonderful sunset photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. The river is unbelievable calm, and it's an area I've not visited.
    Winter has really arrived here too now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice place there Andrew, I'm sure you will visit it one day. You are closer to SA than I am. ๐Ÿ˜‰

      Delete
  9. I think Renmark is the fruit capital of Australia.
    It is a VERY progressive town and also the Murray River cruises or hire boats are
    available from there. My parents and friends hired one to go back along the river.
    They turned out to be hopeless in navigation and were towed back to Renmark!!!
    I have stayed there on my way with mates from Pub holiday days.
    Great fun and VERY friendly people. Over indulgence I must say did happen
    with not so wonderful heads in the mornings!!!
    Ah you are a great one with bringing back memories.
    Nice and fine here but heavy rain last night.
    The surf is as plate as a floor carpet and with school holidays now on
    there will be many disappointed your surfers, board riders and the "cowboys"
    on those motorised shark scarer!!!!
    Colins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I bring back good memories, Colin. It's always good to remember if you can. I bet the surf will swell when the children have gone back to school.

      Delete
  10. Who knew a scene of the Murray could look so gentle and colourful?. The paddle steamer cruise sounds very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes re sunset scene over the Murray River Hels. I remember every night I would look out the caravan window and if I thought the sunset was better than the one before I would take photos of it. Just the right time of year for the sun being in the right place.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful sunset photos. I have friends who moved to Renmark, though we haven't been in touch since they left Adelaide. I have been on a paddle steamer a couple of times, but not for a long cruise, just as "help-with-cleaning" while a birthday or engagement party was going on. My step-father was bartender on the boat while my mother manned the food tables and I cleared rubbish bins and collected glasses. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice memory then R. Renmark is a place we don't hear a lot about in Tasmania. I think it's a good place and pretty.

      Delete
  12. Lovely sunsets over the water. Yes we have been blog friends for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane.. Yes a long time it could be even a bit longer because I deleted the first two years, so it could be 19.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful photos, the Sun is a wonder of the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What amazing photos of the sunset, Margaret.
    You have winter now, we have already had two heatwaves, and another one is on the schedule for the end of this week, I am not happy about it.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irma. Yes it's certainly is winter, weather beautiful today, 11 deg C and sunny without a cloud in the sky.
      Hot weather can be exhausting, and many people don't care for it, I like it as long as I don't have to do anything, but that of course is a bit impossible at times.

      Delete
  15. My goodness! You have a lot of people who, like me, were delighted by your pictures! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to see a beautiful red sunset, Bill. Winter seems to do that always down here in Australia, even in my State of Tasmania, it's the same.

      Delete
  16. I am sure you have great fun with these memories, Margaret. I am at that stage in my travels where I sometimes wonder, “Is this the last time I will ever see this place?”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, David I do. Love and at the time of visiting/holidaying in these places in Australia I didn't always get the chance/opportunity to post to the blog, so it's a good chance to do it now, even if I repeat one or two it doesn't matter because they were a good while ago and many followers haven't seen the photos...if all that makes sense.

      Delete
  17. Just How Beautiful Is That - Way Cool - Enjoy Those Small Victories

    Big Hugs ,
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Schรถne die Farben vom Sonnenuntergang und dem Wasser.
    GruรŸ
    Noke

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow che meraviglia questo tramonto.
    รˆ un vero spettacolo della natura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is wonderful nature, it gives us so much joy, well usually.

      Delete
  20. These are absolutely beautiful, Margaret. This looks like an incredible place. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness, those pictures are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Imagens muito belas, em que se adivinha um belo crepรบsculo.
    Abraรงo de amizade.
    Juvenal Nunes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you made it safely...I always love your photos!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ciao Margharet grazie del messaggio, ormai solo poche persone mi pensano, anche se sono molto impegnato tra fotografia e mostre, il pensiero principale va sempre alla mia adorata Mimma, mi manca sempre di piรน ed รจ diventato difficile andare avanti. Grazie ancora cara amica, un abbraccio a presto Angelo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angelo for the reply. Of course you think of your loved one, Mimma and that is so normal to do so. I'm sure she is looking down upon you and taking care of you. I'm pleased you are keeping yourself busy.
      Take care, Margaret.

      Delete
  25. Margaret, hodnฤ› mฤ› to zaujalo, protoลพe vy na ostrovฤ› asi dost ฤasto vyuลพรญvรกte trajektovรฉ dopravy. Z atlasu i uฤebnic vรญm o ล™ece Murray, i to, ลพe tam jezdรญ kolesovรฉ parnรญky. Na fotkรกch to vidรญm a tak pล™edstava je lepลกรญ + to, co tam v okolรญ roste.
    My mรกme lรฉto a u vรกs zaฤala zima. Zdravรญm do daleka, Margaret! ๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people fly to the mainland or where ever they wish to go in preference to taking the ferry as the trip on the ferry is a long one talking all day or all night, it has cabins and or chairs to sleep on and it's not cheap.
      It's interesting for me to know you have seen the Murray River of know about it. That is wonderful.
      Take care.

      Delete
  26. Impresionantes imagenes, con bella luz y reflejos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was lucky to be there at sunset to take these photos.

      Delete
  27. Margaret, fantastic photos, what a wonderful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The photos of the sunset are stunning, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, these are such lovely photos. What a beautiful glimpse of Renmark. The River Murray really does look like the heart of the town, and I love how the photos capture the changing light as the evening settles in. Thanks for sharing a little piece of your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melody. It is amazing how the sky changes as the sunset progresses, all one colour then back with the blue, it's interesting.

      Delete
  30. Your breathtaking photos capture such peace, Margaret.
    The reflections on the water feel almost like a painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Veronica. It was so very peaceful there, you couldn't even hear the water and I was right next to it.

      Delete
  31. Hola, Margaret. Nada mรกs que por disfrutar de esas lindas puestas de sol, y de esas aguas del rรญo Murray que son un remanso de paz, bien que merece la pena recorrer esos kilรณmetros y hacer el viaje en ferry.
    Gracias por compartir, porque si no hubiera sido por ti, jamรกs sabrรญa de este hermoso lugar. Ya a mi aรฑos no puedo hacer viajes tan largos.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking back through the photos I can share that I haven't mostly shared before when we use to travel within Australia, Manuel. I'm having fun and thank you for your nice words.
      Take care.

      Delete
  32. So beautiful, but the first thing that crossed my mind was, "I wonder what kind of fish are in there".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murray Cod - and it is as tough as nails - almost as bad as Crocodile.!!!
      Ask ex-President Clinton of the US of A - one wonders - is that US of Donald - the
      "DRONGO SUPREMO" of the Now what's it called today???
      Colin

      Delete
    2. The fish are introduced or were Jim and Barb. Also Rainbow trout and brown, Redfin, European Carp, Silver Perch, Golden Perch, Freshwater Catfish, and as Colin said, Murray Cod. So I'm sure you both would have a great time fishing there as you go along in your boat or a hired one.
      Take care.

      Delete
  33. I have never been to this area of the Murray, we definitely need to explore Australia more, those sunsets are worth the roadtrip for sure!
    Have a great week Margaret and thank you for sharing these memories.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Wren, hope you are doing ok.
      It's rather lovely there along the Murray River, and many people take a cruise.
      Thank you and you are welcome.

      Delete
  34. Espectaculares fotos de la puesta de sol, un autรฉntico placer poder contemplarlas.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Murray river in south sounds an amazing and beautiful place to visit dear Margaret
    how great when world is coping with excessive heat your part of the land is having winters wow :)
    such enchanting sunset !!!
    your shots feel like storyteller ,story of stunning sunset :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australia has some wonderful coloured sunsets in winter Baili.
      Take care.

      Delete
  36. Margaret รฉ uma cidade fantรกstica, lindas as fotos, obrigada por compartilhar essa beleza, bjs.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Unas fotografรญas preciosas de la puesta del sol. A mรญ me gusta mucho fotografiar las puestas de sol. Abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  38. So beautiful photos! And I'm glad to hear that citrus fruits, wine grapes, almonds, figs and olives grow in that area, just like we do on the Adriatic coast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop