At the supermarket last Friday at the front door was this man collecting money for charity (if you make the photo larger you will see.) and he was asleep. We did our shopping and returned to the car and he was still sleeping...lol. I was told he nearly always sleeps with his money collection tin. 😎
The sign says: Domestic violence and abuse can lead to Mental Health Issues, Homelessness and Suicide.
Woolworths the Supermarket where we shop for our groceries and where the man was sleeping on the job! This Woolworths is not in any way related or connected to any other country.
Took this photo of a Helleborus commonly known as a Winter Rose and they are poisonous if eaten by humans or animals. The sap can cause a rash, blisters or irritation for some people. I have only 4 plants all different colours from memory. This is the first one to flower this winter.




The condition of lacking stable, safe, and adequate housing it's a problem in Rome too. I've read there are more than 150,000 homeless in Los Angeles, while the US government still continues to spend money for its aggressive policy in Iran. That's so sad .
ReplyDeleteActually, I have neer seen Woolworths supermarkets in other countries.
I also like rise instead of spaghetti, Margaret. I am afraid Italian spaghetti are not the same as I ate thirthy years ago. Nowadays Italian pasta is also made with white flour shipped from United States ... US wheat flour contains GMOs, glyphosate, and other substances banned in the EU.
Have a lovely new week, Margaret ☀
The man is collecting for Domestic Violence and what goes with it, such as suicide, depression and homelessness but many people do wonder what he does do with the money donated, but that can be said for many charity organisations.
DeleteBig problem here too is housing. I could say the same thing about our government, money spend on other things instead of more housing, they the government is doing a bit, not enough.
Nothing is the same as it used to be, Giorgio and our spaghetti is 100% Australian according to the packet. It's a brand called 'San Remo' has no GMOs apparently.
Thank you and you have a good week too.
San Remo is a good brand.
DeletePerhaps the man sleeping outside Woolworths is hungry. Take some stir fry with you, next time you go shopping.
ReplyDeleteWe have spoken to him before, Hels. He has a home and family. Thanks for the idea :)
DeleteAmazing photos, dear friend. ♥️
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda.
DeleteThat's probably because the man was old...the stirfried beef looked quite tasty.
ReplyDeleteYes Angie, he is retired and doing his bit for charity. He has a home and family.
DeleteThank you and the stirfry was tasty.
I feel sorry for the old man! Beautiful helleborus. Here it's called Christmas Rose.
ReplyDeleteWell that man is warm with his rug. He seems ok Marit, has a family and a home. He is just doing his bit for charity being retired.
DeleteCan understand why it's called a Christmas Rose because it's winter time or near enough over your way when it blooms, here it's winter as you know so that is why it's called Winter Rose. Thank you.
That certainly is a pretty flower. Poor man must have been very tired. From one who starts napping sitting up I can relate, smiling here. We used to shop at our Woolworths and always stopped in the cafe for a cup of tea and a cake. I think your pasta would work very well with your stir-fry. I'm one of those people who thinks pasta goes with everything, hubby's like that too :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Denise. H is always tired when he is there, part of him being aged I guess as he's retired. Well there you go many people doze off but I haven't done it as yet, husband does sometimes.
DeleteWell yes, pasta can go with everything for sure, if you cook it and put it on the plate you eat it...lol
Most definitely on the pasta. We both agree with you. I try not to doze off but rarely succeed. We both dozed off together yesterday. He on his sofa and me on mine, lol! Have a wonderful week Margaret!
DeleteHomelessness seems to be a growing problem in many countries.
ReplyDeleteThat poor man must have been very tired to fall asleep there.
That is a beautiful flower and your stir fry looks tasty.
All the best Jan
Jan it's an awful problem no matter where it is in this world is homelessness. These cold nights and dark grey days is not good for people who have no homes. He's a retired man, and as we know when older many falls asleep or doze..lol
DeleteThanks.
Sleeping man's cause is very worthy, but with him asleep, you won't feel so guilty by walking past without donating.
ReplyDeleteWinter roses were also called Christmas roses, a reference back to England I guess. I used to grow them and I had no idea they were so poisonous.
I don't feel guilty at all Andrew, but B does sometimes and we often wonder with these charities how much of our donation gets to the actual person in need.
DeleteYes Winter Rose in the Northern Hemisphere they bloom in winter.
Oh there are so many plants that are poisonous or part of the plant, we have no idea until we start to read about them but also in fairness, there are many plants which are good for us.
Poor guy must be tired to be sleeping. That food looks really good.
ReplyDeleteYes Mary, he's retired and many people fall asleep when older :) I haven't done it yet! Thanks
DeleteSad - poor old bugger BUT some of these people have problems with their brains
ReplyDeleteand actually HAVE a good bank account!
Really needs medical help.
There was one old bugger at Terrigal who sat like the above until
someone reported him to the authorities and he was VERY rich!!!
I was told that they took him away for medical assistance and he has
never been seen since????
Fine and sunny here but cold at night. Not too many in the vary flat surf.
Hardly any breakers on the rocks at the bottom of the SKILLION!
No life guards / savers until September so it is SHARK territory.
Meal looks great but I would have it minus the spaghetti .
Cheers
Colin
Oh yes Colin, but he is collecting for charity and aged. Do you fall asleep sitting in your chair?
DeleteI just can't understand some people who are rich and beg for money, thank good this man wasn't begging, well not in my book.
The man you spoke of here sounds a bit like the Mecedes parked around the corner and going to the op shot for food for himself.
You would prefer Rice I guess. We were not brought up on rice or spaghetti, from memory only rice was about when I was real young and mum used to make rice pudding.
Grey day here and a bit chilly with it.
I prefer pasta with stir-fry. It must be very boring to wait for a donation. He needs a nap. : )
ReplyDeleteWell that makes two of us with the stir fry.
DeleteDefinitely boring waiting for a donation, even when he's awake not many talk to him.
Me dio hambre por la ultima foto. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteDid you :) Thank you and same to you.
DeleteIt is sad that some people have to beg. They must receive social services and a pension. What do they do with it?
ReplyDeleteHe is collecting for charity Diane. Anyone begging money for themselves would not be permitted to be there doing that at Woolworths.
DeletePoor man, I feel sorry for the guy, he's not young, what brought him to ask like this :((
ReplyDeleteI also prefer rice over spaghetti... depends :))
Wishing you a wonderful Monday!
He is collecting for charity and not begging money for himself.
DeleteWe are all different as to what we eat with what and I used to eat rice with that beef stir fry and with chicken stir fry I often eat rice with that.
Thaks you and same to you too.
I'm sure that people feel more comfortable passing by without a donation because he's sleeping-- and that's not a bad thing. Even the ones who do, have a more of sense of freedom. No judgement. I imagine he still does well for his charity.
ReplyDeleteI reckon you are right on that Bill.
DeleteI do believe he gets a lot of donations and he's not there everyday, just the busy days and even then he is probably off somewhere else.
I can understand him falling asleep; in a quiet sheltered corner with a blanket, I'd be asleep too. The charity he is collecting for probably collects the donations daily from him and all the others who are situated at other shopping centres, money is banked and then cheques are provided where they are needed.
ReplyDeleteYes R, you would be right on those. It' kind of him to give up his time for free.
DeleteHe is collecting for narcoleptics.
ReplyDeleteIt is good that there are people raising money for a good cause.
ReplyDeleteHere you always see homeless people begging for money, they won't get anything from me, I'd rather give them something to eat.
The food looks delicious, I love spaghetti too.
I wish you a nice new week.
Best regards, Irma