Another Beach we have visited on our travels is Kewarra Beach in Queensland some 3441 km (2138.14 miles) from home here in Launceston.
Kewarra Beach is a coastal suburb of Cairns in the Cairns Region and a 20 minute drive from Cairns. There are approximately 6,133 people living in the area.
The area was primarily used for growing sugar cane until the suburb was developed in the 1970s and 90s. The western side of the highway was developed with a golf course (Paradise Palms) with housing to the north and south.
These photos were taken in the wintertime and Kewarra Beach is in the tropics.







The beaches look so beautiful. It must be nice to walk along the sea there. Great photos.
ReplyDeleteThanks Marit. Many beaches in that area, and yes it is good to walk along the beach in winter with the sand between your toes, and even the sea.
DeleteKewarra Beach looks like such a peaceful place, and I love that you included a little history rather than just showing the scenery. The fact that these photos were taken in winter but the beach still has that tropical feel is such a nice reminder of how different Queensland is from Tasmania.
ReplyDeleteQueensland is very different from Tasmania Melody especially that area because it's tropical. Thank you.
DeleteWhat a beautiful place. It reminds me of the beaches in South Africa with their wide open skies and endless horizons. Beaches in my corner of England seem far more developed and built up, but they too have a sense of beauty
ReplyDeletePlenty of endless horizons in Australia Mandy. Some out most popular beaches are built up and more commercialized, eg. Surfers Paradise area, Noosa, Sunshine Coast and of course the Sydney area all up the east coast of Australia. Then of course in other States of Australia as well, but we have so many beaches and so many where no one hardly goes.
DeleteYour beaches are so accessible and quite beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you Nicole, so many beautiful beaches in Australia.
DeleteSuch a beautiful beach, Margaret. It's perfect for kids. I like the colour of the sand.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely week ahead of you.
Thank you Giorgio. the sand is a good colour and not pure white as some of our beaches are pure white and silky with it, this one is not. No pebbles which makes it even better.
DeleteThe beach looks so clean and beautiful..I would enjoy taking a walk there!
ReplyDeleteNice walking there Angie. I've never seen a dirty Australian beach yet, and I've been to many of them. No rubbish which is good.
DeleteBeautiful view
ReplyDeleteDefinitely, Anne.
DeleteVery pretty beach.
ReplyDeleteIt's is a nice one.
DeleteWow, Margaret, beautiful photos of this lovely place.
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda.
DeleteThe beach looks beautiful and peaceful.
ReplyDeleteIt was peaceful and plenty of room for each person though not a lot there for middle of winter, Bill.
DeleteThat looks like a really nice beach.
ReplyDeleteIt sure does, Mary.
DeleteLooks a lovely beach, very nice photographs.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Thank you Jan.
DeleteLooks like a great place to spend the winter, are there cabins or a caravan park? Is it in a hurricane area?
ReplyDeleteYou can stay with a caravan at Trinity Beach, R, only a 5 minute drive. Also you can stay in a resort at Kewarra Beach. Yes it's a hurricane area as is most of that area of the East Coast.
DeleteLinda playa. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteThank you and the same to you.
DeleteIt sure is a hurricane prone Place!
ReplyDeleteThe golf course has been played on by former US- - sensible Presidents
as George Bush (Senior and Junior), Barack Obama, Bill Clinton.
Actually I think years ago a US v's Australia tournament was held there.
The senior Bush was in charge and was there and the Australian PM of the time.
All shown on TV!
I have also dug up the fairways there !
Stop sending your cold winds up here, Margaret.
The afternoons and early mornings are freezing - BUT it is August - the month
of runny noses, coughs and sneezes!
You do have very informative blog reports for your readers !
Now off to the very upmarket Terrigal Hotel !!!!!
Cheers
Colin
The Terrigal beach is as flat as a pancake - no surf and no swimmers!
I think I recall the golf and the Presidents playing there, Colin.
DeleteWell there has been no wind here, hardly abreeze for many days, your breeze/wind must be coming from New Zealand..lol
So the pub is finished by the sound of it and gone up market! Wow!!
I can't remember the name but I see it is near Trinity Beach, which I do know as being a very nice part of the coast. Your photos are lovely.
ReplyDeleteThank you Andrew. Trinity Beach, Yorkeys Knob are a few beaches in that area. Cairns doesn't have a beach (though at the seas edge) so these beaches and others are used by the locals.
DeleteBeaches in wintertime.. what a dreamy concept! I spend the 3 months of winter choosing a woollen scarf and felt hat, before going out the front door :(
ReplyDeleteOh my Hels, and I wear a woolen coat outside if shopping and a short sleeve T shirt or short sleeve jumper when outside shopping where I live. We all feel the cool weather differently as we do also feel it differently when it's summer weather.
DeleteWell up there in the tropics which 28 to 35 deg C temperatures in winter you can understand people swimming, or little clothes on to keep cool up that way.
Australia has the best beaches. Thank you for sharing them.
ReplyDeleteThank and you are welcome.
DeleteWhat a beautiful place it is there, Margaret.
ReplyDeleteIt looks amazing to go hiking there.
All the best, Irma
Que delicia disfrutar de esas playas de arena blanca y aguas cristalinas, con el calor que tenemos por aquí solo el verlas reconforta,
ReplyDeleteFeliz semana.
Saludos.
Looks idyllic, Margaret. I am sure it was.
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful place, and those are great photos of it—thanks for the explanation!
ReplyDeleteHugs Elke
Pro mne je to hodně zajímavé. Pláž vypadá hodně rozlehlá a je tam minimum lidí, to v Evropě je málokdy vidět. Už to, že v oblasti žije jen málo přes 6 tisíc lidí, to vysvětluje. Děkuji za mapu, myslím, že moře u australských břehů je spíše čisté. Tam je to tropická oblast, to si musíme uvědomit.
ReplyDeleteMoc ráda jsem se podívala, Margaret. 😊
Beautiful beaches and I enjoyed reading the sign. Thanks Margaret!
ReplyDeleteSuch a nice beach
ReplyDelete