Friday 4 December 2020

A poem cleverly written.

Saw this poem the other day it's appropriate for anyone who drives a car with a passenger. I hope you enjoy reading it till the end :)

By Pam Ayres,

I have a little Satnav
It sits there in my car
A Satnav is a driver's friend
It tells you where you are

I have a little Satnav
I've had it all my life
It's better than the normal ones
My Satnav is my wife

It gives me full instructions
Especially how to drive
"It's sixty Ks an hour", it says
"You're doing sixty five"

It tells me when to stop and start
And when to use the brake
And tells me that it's never ever
Safe to overtake

It tells me when a light is red
And when it goes to green
It seems to know instinctively
Just when to intervene

It lists the vehicles just in front
And all those to the rear
And taking this into account
It specifies my gear.

I'm sure no other driver
Has so helpful a device
For when we leave and lock the car
It still gives its advice

It fills me up with counselling
Each journey's pretty fraught
So why don't I exchange it
And get a quieter sort?

Ah well, you see, it cleans the house,
Makes sure I'm properly fed,
It washes all my shirts and things
And keeps me warm in bed!

Despite all these advantages
And my tendency to scoff,
I only wish that now and then
I could turn the f ****er off.

35 comments:

  1. There was a time when I was puzzled how I managed to drive without my wife sitting beside me to give me instructions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have a good navigator. Can't go anywhere much without getting lost to a degree unless you have a good navigator.

      Delete
  2. Ouch.
    I hope that I am not so 'helpful' in the car. I know I am not so helpful outside it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have our say when someone else is driving..well most of us do.

      Delete
  3. I seem to be more dependant on my wife when she is in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I still have my co-pilot who still gives me advice, it has a lifetime guarantee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo no suelo decir nada, cuando voy de acompañante, sólo miro por la ventanilla para ver el paisaje.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny. I've said to my partner once or twice, I wonder how I have ever managed to drive on my own without being involved in terrible accidents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone does well to listen to back seat drivers. I just switch off. Sometimes they are of help though, they may help us not to have an accident.

      Delete
  7. There are three of us in our car all giving instructions and that includes the Sat Nav!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really needed a good laugh--- Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha...Well, I only remind my driver when he exceeded the speed limit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yo soy de las que también le da consejos jajaja. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a passanger I sit and do nothing if Ii am scared I do nothing just close my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is spectacular. I try not to give advice but sometimes I end up giving some guesses, eh!eh!eh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's ages since I've seen or heard anything of Pam Ayres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too until this poem.
      A friend sent me a Christmas card with this poem inside but a little different so I search the net and found who wrote it with the correct words - and I love it.

      Delete
  14. oh that was sooo cute :)))
    loved the affection that poem show in the heart of a husband :)
    love can does wonders and patience is greatest of all indeed
    thank you for such lovely treat dear Margaret :)
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop