The Park was established in 1944. In 2010 the Queensland Government announced the expansion of the park to include an additional 2,117 hectares.
Glass House Mountains were named by Captain James Cook as he sailed north up the coast of what is now Queensland in 1770 as part of his incredible voyage aboard his ship HM Bark Endeavour. They were so called as the shape of the mountains reminded him of the huge glass furnaces (glasshouses) back in his native Yorkshire. Info via Wikipedia.
Mt. Coonowrin is one of the Glass House Mountains.