Tuesday 29 April 2014

Birthdays

27 and 29th of April our two sons have a birthday, to them it's one of the most important days of their year! So on the April 27, we have two sons the same age for 2 days.

For the first born I spent 4 weeks in hospital, then the remainder of my pregnancy at home in bed which totaled 8 months being only permitted bathroom privileges.
My husband worked every second weekend, he learned to cook, do all the cleaning and washing.
My late mother lived in another city, she made me a fruit cake once a month, mum and dad came to help the same weekend.

So what did I do all those months in bed?
I read, did jigsaw puzzles, crocheted, visitors were always popping in for a chat, watched TV in the evenings, and slept a lot.

The last month of the first pregnancy I was permitted up for 1 hour each week increasing to everyday by the time I went to hospital to have our first baby.
Second baby all was well and I didn't have to go to bed.
Now my babies are grown men with little ones of their own :)

Happy Birthday my sons!


20 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your sons and happy memories for you. My daughter spent time on bed rest with twins -- not fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia. Oh gosh re your daughter...it's a long time to spend in bed.

      Delete
  2. You were a brave young woman. Happy Birthday to your sons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Special to have two sons born so close to each other.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Filip & Kristel.
      Very special and lucky to have two sons.

      Delete
  4. Bleated birthday wishes for your son. Nice to hear about your husbands work! What an adjustable husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Very versatile husband I have :) He's a real handy man!

      Delete
  5. Hello!

    What a coincidence that your sons were born on days so close together. Still, it makes gathering together for celebrations easier.....everything can be covered in one go!

    We are great believers that work is work and whether it is done by men or women us irrelevant. So good that your husband is so handy and we trust that both of your sons are too....?Like father......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Close together does get their birthdays over and done with, we always had a birthday party on their day celebrating them separately.
      One son is excellent, the younger one, the older one takes after his late father in law to a degree.

      Delete
  6. Golly gosh they are close together. I'm amazed you went for a second one after the trouble with the first. That must have been a worrying time for you and a busy time for your husband. Banjo is born on 27 April too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Nature had it's own way with the second one Diane :)
      It was a bit of a worry at that time to see if I could make it through, that is why the Dr. kept me in bed.

      Delete
  7. Isn't it strange that the same body doing the same job can react so differently?
    I am pleased that it was a happy outcome for you with the birth of your first son, but it must have been hard work when they were both tiny.
    Hope that they enjoyed their birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct on that being strange Rosemary :)
      Was a bit hard to do it all on my own especially with my husband not being home every 2nd weekend. It was a lovely time however for me.
      Thank you, the sons did enjoy.

      Delete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop