Mossman Gorge in Far North Queensland is a place we have visited and I've walked along it for a short way a few years ago. 4,500 km from home here in Launceston, so it takes a long time to drive there. The Gorge is a gateway to the World Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest in Tropical Queensland. The water is clear and cascades over ancient granite boulders, lush walking paths, and has deep Indigenous cultural significance.
As you can see below there is a swinging bridge, but I didn't go over that. I've placed a link to the cultural center and there are more photo and information there about the Gorge if you wish to visit the center from this blog.

A tranquil, verdant, and fantastic place. We could almost hear the sound of the waterfalls.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I would have the courage to cross that bridge, but I think the curiosity to see what was on the other side would win out 😊
Have a great week my friend
It is a rather wobbly swinging bridge, be ok if going across by oneself, Maria. Time was my factor as to why I didn't cross it.
DeleteHello Margaret. With the heat we're having here, I would jump straight into the water I see in your photo... It looks like such a vast area, doesn't it? Are there any places for hikers to stay, or is it a completely wild natural area? To be honest, the moment I saw it, it reminded me of epic worlds like The Lord of the Rings. What a magnificent place.
ReplyDeleteLol..the reason I laugh is 1. first look to see if there is any wild life about such as crocodiles, though they are not found in there often they can be, it pays to look before jumping in, those small pool should be ok though, and know what you mean by wanting to jump in water when hot.
DeleteThere are places for hikers/walkers in the town of Mossman but not in the National Park itself to stay, it's not permitted.
wow..what a beautiful place! The bridge looks so wobbly that I don't think I dare to cross it...
ReplyDeleteIt was very wobbly, I tried it out at the beginning where it was sturdier, then I watched people coming across it, but I didn't have time to venture across it.
DeleteNo way I would have walked on the swinging bridge either!
ReplyDeleteLovely photographs and a long way from your home.
All the best Jan
I didn't have time, Jan, I probably would have, well part way and hung on like grim death :)
DeleteHow very interesting Margaret. Looks like a beautiful area. Thank you for the link I will enjoy checking it out. I am with you on the swing bridge :)
ReplyDeleteI might have gone across it, well half way then turned around an come back, it looked too wobbly for me, I didn't have much time to try it out.
DeleteVery pretty indeed.
ReplyDeleteIt is pretty Andrew and I've seen some beautiful photos taken by professional people of the boulders.
DeleteAh - a swinging bridge - memories of the very big one to the north of Finschhafen in
ReplyDeletethe Morobe District of New Guinea - and what a history that bridge had for WW2.
But don't fall off - crocodiles galore below.
Cheers
Colin
I was told there might be crocodiles in that river in the photos but not necessarily. Plenty were in the pools of water and that was ok.
DeleteI guess I've seen photos of the one in New Guinea, Colin.
Uy que bonito. Buena semana. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteThank you and same to you too.
DeleteSwinging bridge… nah, not my thing.
ReplyDelete: )
I think it depends how wobbly it is, we have a swinging bridge here at the gorge 5 minutes from the city and it's not really a wobbly one unless the younger ones decided to make it that way.
DeleteG'day mate. You must be very skilled at photography. All the photos you've taken are absolutely stunning and incredible!
ReplyDeleteThank you. Just a bit of practice. 😉
DeleteWhat beautiful photos of a beautiful area, Margaret.
ReplyDeleteI certainly wouldn't have crossed that suspension bridge.
I wish you a lovely Tuesday evening.
All the best, Irma
Thank you Irma.
DeleteWhat an amazing place
ReplyDeleteIt sure is Jo-Anne.
DeleteNaturaleza pura Margaret. Así es la Isla dela Aliseda que tenemos en Béjar. Tiene dos pequeños puentes de madera. Gracias
ReplyDeleteBuena semana.
Un abrazo.
You are welcome Laura. I will look up your bridges.
DeleteI would like to walk on this bridge.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos if you did and could..
Delete"The Gorge is a gateway to the World Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest in Tropical Queensland". That is literally true AND it is a pictorially useful introduction to the forest.
ReplyDeleteThat is correct Hels. Wonderful entrance with the boulders and I've seen many photos of them in books and so on.
DeleteMargaret um lugar de paz, calmo e muito verde, desejo uma ótima terça-feira bjs.
ReplyDeleteYes, green there as it's a tropical rain forest. Thank you.
DeleteIt looks very beautiful there, Margaret. The bridge looks a little scary to me 😉
ReplyDeleteThat bridge is very wobbly, Marit.
DeleteSuch a pretty place. We're having a real heat wave this week here, so seeing the beautiful pictures of the stream is nice. Would like to sit there and soak my feet and take in nature. OMG, the picture of the swinging bridge made be dizzy and a nauseous. Had to look away, I can see why you didn't cross it.
ReplyDelete<a href="https://4ccccs.blogspot.com/2026/06/work-in-progress-damn-rabbits-milkweed.html>Sandy's Space</a>
Keep cool the best you can. Thanks for the link....I'll try again.
DeleteWhat beautiful place to explore, very nice. The bridge, you would have to take your time walking across it but I think it would be worth it.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it would be worth walking across it Bill. I didn't have time and I don't think I would walk across it, if I had been a lot younger, I'm sure I would have.
DeleteWhat unusually large round stones, beautiful scenery, it would be wonderful to take a walk there. Kind regards from Croatia, Jasna
ReplyDeleteJasna, it was lovely walking as far as I did before the swinging bridge, it was humid and hot as one would expect in winter in the Tropics when not used to it. Very pretty and one could and can put your feet in the pools there to cool off if needed, and can do so safely.
DeleteThose stone are rather large 'boulders' as they are known.
Deus caritas est!
ReplyDeleteIndeed.
DeleteThat is a gorgeous spot.
ReplyDeleteYes Mary, beautiful there.
DeleteI like to think I would have walked over the swinging bridge when younger. I used to love a challenge like that. It looks like a really lovely area. I think 4,500km is 7,246 miles? That's a long way from home.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure I would have when younger, R.
DeleteSounds a very long way when in miles and it is a long way from home.. Checked the mileage out and it's 2,796.17 miles.
Wow, what a stunning spot! The lush rainforest paths and those granite boulders look so beautiful. It's definitely a long trek from Launceston, but it looks like a true paradise. Thanks for sharing this lovely glimpse into Tropical Queensland.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Melody, and it sure is a long way from home here.
DeleteMeaning no disrespect, but those boulders looked like alien eggs! Seriously-- Great pictures and a very enjoyable post. Hugs from the north.
ReplyDeleteNo disrespect at all, they do look a bit weird...lol
DeleteThanks from the south.
The mist in the gorge and the rustic landscape are just iconic
ReplyDeleteThat's true for the tropics there near a river.
DeleteReally great shots, Margaret. Love the look of the spooky bridge.
ReplyDeleteThank you. It does look spooky and makes us wonder what is beyond.
Delete🩷
DeleteWonderful nature shoots.You really have an eye for good motives.Love the big ston es...The stony river..and that bridge!!I immediatly was back in the Lost World films!Thank you for sharing beauty with us.Wish you and dear ones a nice summertime💖
ReplyDeleteThank you Anita. In truth you could get lost if you went over that bridge and then go on a wonderful adventure :)
DeleteHappy July And Sending All The Best Vibes Your Way - And What A Peaceful Post
ReplyDeleteBig Hugs ,
Cheers
Thanks Padre...
DeleteMám ráda tyto příspěvky, protože si tím rozšiřuji obzory. Myslím, že to základní o Austrálii vím a a hlavně kde je Queensland. Podrobnější věci to doplňují, jako ten visutý most na snímku. Odkaz jsem si prohlédla, ale představte si, já neumím anglicky 😄, takže nic. Zeptám se, jak asi dlouhý je ten most?
ReplyDeleteThe bridge is 40 meters long. I understand what you say about links being in English, my browser translates to other languages, I use Edge browser when doing blogs so it will automatically translate for me. Sometimes I have to right click with my mouse and a menu comes up and you will see 'translate' in my case to English. Good luck. I'm pleased you enjoyed the post.
DeleteSuch a beautiful glimpse into the Daintree, Margaret.
ReplyDeleteThe clear water and lush greenery make it feel almost otherworldly.
I can imagine the sound of the river echoing through the rainforest.
The bridge looks adventurous, but I’d probably stay on solid ground like you did!
I did step on the end of the bridge to see what it was like but no further...As you walk up the river you can hear the water all the way, good sound.
DeleteBellas imagenes. Esas grandes piedras impresionan.
ReplyDeleteSaludos.
Some of the stones are rather large boulders. Thank you.
DeleteBeautiful—absolutely magnificent.
ReplyDeleteIt’s wonderful that you can visit there.
There are so many beautiful places on our planet, and it’s true, you can’t visit them all :-)) But the fact that we can come along on the tour via the "blogland" is just wonderful... thanks so much for sharing.
Warm regards,
Viola
Hug
It's a pleasure to share and we do learn much visiting blogs are seeing what is going on and what places look like on the other side of the world.
DeleteTake care.
Wie wunderschön, das klare Wasser und der Wald im Hintergrund des Daintree-Regenwaldes. Ich kann gut verstehen, dass die Schlucht noch immer eine tiefe Bedeutung für die Aborigines hat. Hier in der Nähe meines Wohnortes gibt es große Steinplatten mit spirituellem Hintergrund. Sie stammen aus der Bronzezeit und sind für mich sehr geheimnisvoll.
ReplyDeleteOh my, how interesting where you live then. Ancient times can teach us so much if we can find out about them.
DeleteThe place is wonderful; a visit must be a real treat, enjoying those landscapes.
ReplyDeleteBest regards.
Always great to visit any place but this one is kind of special because it's mostly untouched by humans.
DeleteGood friday,kiss Andreja!
ReplyDeleteThank you Andreja - you too.
DeleteVery nice and interesting.
ReplyDeleteGreetings
Thank you.
DeleteSuch a peaceful place. I wouldn't mind to cross that bridge.
ReplyDeleteGreetings from Italy
Certainly, peaceful when we were there, Giorgio. Keep cool if it's rather warm there.
DeleteActually it's too cold here. The good news is that this weekend the weather will be not humid, as the wind will blow from the west.
DeleteEin schöner Ort zum Wandern die Brücke ist interessant.
ReplyDeleteGruß
Noke
It was a sturdy swinging bridge, Noke.
DeleteWhat an amazing site. So lush and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt is lovely there.
DeleteWaving hi as I make my blog rounds. Hope you're doing well.
ReplyDeleteSandy's Space
Hello Sandy, found out the reason I can't add you to my blog roll, will post on your blog. Thanks.
DeleteMuito intenso tudo aqui. Bjus
ReplyDeleteInteresting.
DeleteVeramente un luogo meraviglioso.
ReplyDeleteYes it is a good place, Stefania.
DeleteUn lugar que me parece precioso para visitarlo, me ha encantado. Un abrazo y feliz mes de julio.
ReplyDeleteIt is lovely to visit there and walk the path to the swinging bridge, Teresa.
DeleteWhat a beautiful place! The crystal-clear water, ancient rainforest, and rich Indigenous heritage make Mossman Gorge sound truly special. Thanks for sharing your experience and the helpful information—it’s definitely a destination worth adding to a travel bucket list.
ReplyDeletehttps://nanajee.com/2026/03/11/etihad-airways-loyalty-program-guide/