Walking down the street with camera in hand a man stopped us it turned out he was one of the Councillors of the town. Great talking to him with all his knowledge of the town.
Major T.L. Mitchell camped on the banks of the Seven Creeks at Euroa during his 1836 "Australia Felix" expedition. The Major Mitchell Parrots are named after him.
Euroa's claim to fame is that the National Bank was robbed by Ned Kelly (notorious bush ranger) in 1878. Much of the region's wealth once came from sheep but now it comes from horse studs.
The Euroa Hotel was built without the verandah by George Sutherland in 1884 in Railway Street. The style is an adaptation of Queen Anne work suitable for a country hotel, the architects being the then well-known to Euroa Tappin, Gilbert and Dennehy. C.L. Boos’s weatherboard North Eastern Hotel was previously on the same site. The new brick building was claimed to be the best of its kind outside Melbourne. It is an important part of the group of red-brick building facing the railways in this part of the town. Taken from Heritage - Euroa
This building was the residence of the Pharmacist years ago with his Chemist shop attached.
Part of the main street.
The above building is a Nursery, one would think they would fix the old building.
The sign on the Heritage walk and the newer building below where the old bank was that was robbed by Ned Kelly.