Millmerran is a town in the Darling Downs region of Queensland. The town has a population of 1,570 people. 208 klms West of Brisbane.
Millmerran is near a lookout commonly used by the local Aboriginal population prior to European settlement and the town's name is believed to be derived from two words - "meel" meaning 'eye' and 'merran' meaning 'to look out'. European settlement in the Millmerran area began in 1841 when the Gore brothers established the vast Yandilla Station. Yandilla station covered and estimated 1,780 square kilometers (890 sq mile) and hosted it's own school with 20 to 30 students, telegraph station and store. Closer settlement began after the passing of the Crown Lands Alienation Act in 1876, which allowed Edward Walpole to select a portion of Yandilla station. In 1881, Walpole established a general store on the site of what was known at the time as Back Creek, and a receiving office was opened with that name on July 8, 1883. It was elevated to the status of a post office, and the name changed to Domville, on June 1, 1889. The name was again changed to Millmerran on November 16, 1894.
An older style home - a Queenslander.
When away on holiday we often eat vanilla slices we had some here and they were beautiful.
The lovely well kept park in Millmerrin.
Below a scene adjacent to the town.