Friday, 11 September 2026

Orange to Bathurst NSW

On the way from Orange to Bathurst in New South Wales these photos show us the scenery in this rural area.  Cobwebs were on the trees, thousands of cobwebs, this is just one.  Then there was the frost, then fog.  A most interesting drive as it was not a long one, about 45 to 50 minutes.







Orange NSW is not that far from Bathurst where the red flag is on the map. The photo above is Bathurst's main street and it was still foggy but then Bathurst is about 650 meters above sea level (2,130 feet) and yes it does snow there.  Also Bathurst is where car racing is held.  Touring Car Racing as well as GT Endurance car racing is held on Mount Panorama, Bathurst.

20 comments:

  1. Seeing these photos—showing the frost and mist that form in the cold—is truly comforting, especially after coming out of a summer of intense heat.
    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased it comforted you and it won't be that long and it will be your winter.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful landscapes with the frost and the fog. It was certainly a very interesting trip.
    The first photo with the spiderwebs is fantastic.
    Many greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those spiderwebs, Maria they were all along the highway, we stopped as no cars were coming so was able to take a photo. Was a good trip going in and out of the fog.

      Delete
  3. Dear Margaret, what gorgeous and captivating photos! Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend.
    The Blogger news reader has been dead (no, not slow as in the past, totally dead for 2 days now). I came here directly to visit you today and found your post.
    Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend, and I hope you have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. Many people on my feed are 3 days ago! I just click on each person now to see who has a new post.

      Delete
  4. The frost and fog adds its beauty to your photos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill, wouldn't be half as good without the frost, fog and spiderwebs I agree.

      Delete
  5. I think spiders webs are a work of art ... they are so intricate.
    The landscapes with the frost and the fog are beautiful.

    All the best Jan

    PS Blogger is still causing issues ... reading lists are not being updated and yesterday many of us couldn't publish images. Hopefully things will be sorted soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very fine lace work those spiders do, Jan. Yes I noticed that blogger is still misbehaving, most of those on my feed list, their posts are 3 days old, I am just clicking on everyone to see if they have a new post. I did read a few people were having problems uploading images too. Thank you very much for letting me know.

      Delete
  6. Bathurst - freeze or cook.
    The car racing attracts a lot of my pub friends and my brother.
    Quite a lot of top school colleges also in Bathurst.

    All well here and we have 4 seasons in a day.
    Mr and Mrs Duck are not amused and it must be soon when we have
    a heap of undisciplined "brats" going all over the place and being killed by those
    atrocious Minor birds!
    Cheers
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to believe how cold it can get so far north in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bello trabajo este que nos brindas, amiga.
    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Margaret,
    Beautiful winter photos, I especially love the spiderweb.
    I wish you a wonderful weekend.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely drive, Margaret -- the cobwebs, frost, and fog make the scenery look almost enchanted.
    Bathurst really shows a different side of Australia with its chill and racing fame!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some really beautiful images Margaret! But that's what you do so well...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop