Sunday, 22 November 2015

Songs for Sunday!

Lara Fabian and this song called 'Je suis malade' in French which I really like.  Lara has such feeling and is not afraid to show it.
I'm told the French words for this song in particular are hard to translate into English, thus some of the English words do not make good sense.   I have my theory.
I somehow think and know not a lot of people would care for this type of singing, but I do :)




Lara Crokaert, better known as Lara Fabian, is a Belgian–Canadian singer. She has sold over 20 million records worldwide and is the best-selling Belgian female artist of all time. She was born in Brussels to a Flemish father and a Sicilian mother. Aged (45)



My favourite singer is Nana Mouskouri.
I recall many years ago watching her on the TV.  Nana had her own TV Show in England back then. (singing)
Nana Mouskouri, born Iōánna Moúschouri in Chania, Crete, Greece, is a Greek singer. She was known as "Nána" to her friends and family as a child. Nana is Aged (81)
Once of my second cousins phoned me at the time and said, there is an Angel singing on TV at that very moment, and I should turn to the correct channel, which I did and Nana has been my favourite since then.


Helmut Lotti (born Helmut Barthold Johannes Alma Lotigiers, is a Flemish Belgian tenor and singer-songwriter. Lotti performs in several styles and languages. Once an Elvis impersonator, he has sung African and Latino hit records, and he crossed over into classical music in the 1990s. Helmut is aged (46)

26 comments:

  1. Margaret nice pieces of music. Lara is my favorite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is she now...nice voice. I heard Lara had trouble with her hearing, but all is well now I believe..

      Delete
  2. I have two Lara Fabian albums, and I don't care that there are songs on both that I don't understand. Her beautiful voice transcends that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a clue what the words mean either, it's the voice with both ladies...though it is nice to know what they are singing about. I often look it up.

      Delete
  3. Her voice reminds me of Nana's. Who I also saw on TV a lot growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Similar voices, they sound good together in the duet..

      Delete
  4. That is an eclectic collection. Nana was very good. Some of our comedy sketch shows used to send her up, but there was no doubting her talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, comedy and Nana with those glasses and more. Nana took it well.

      Delete
  5. The voices are lovely, but I had to stop the first two less than halfway through, they're just too sad
    I remember my dad loving Nana Mouskouri, but I preferred the pop I heard on the radio at the time. Even now, I still prefer music that rocks along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sad, but I like songs that tell a good emotional tale, it comes from the heart. I remember when I used to sing years ago, I heard people crying every time I sang Ave Maria...so I stopped singing it in public...
      Nothing like a bright cheerful song...

      Delete
  6. Lara sings with such emotion. I'm rather fond of that style too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sushi sure does...I get totally wrapped in that kind of emotion...she means what she sings...

      Delete
  7. It's not rain that is falling, but tears from above...from the dark clouds covering our world....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ! These voices are beautiful !!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lara Fabian , is all sweetness in his song .

    Nana Mouskouri has been a great career in the world of music and their excellent talent, makes his memory and his music follow present .

    Helmut Lotti, his great voice , jhace a good version of this famous music

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful singing, the ladies made me sleepy and dreamy but the last fellow he woke me up, nice contrast.
    Merle..............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get caught up in the words, faces and action - with all 3 of them..

      Delete
  11. Hoops, it's Monday and I am must now enjoying your Sunday songs. Oh well, they are beautiful any day of the week! Nana Mouskouri was a favorite of my dad and mom and I enjoy her also.

    ReplyDelete