Monday 30 November 2015

Cable Beach, Broome WA

Cable Beach in Broome.

There are no high-rise buildings at Cable Beach or in Broome.

Cable Beach is a 22 kilometres (14 mi) stretch of beach near Broome, Western Australia. Cable Beach was named after the telegraph cable laid between Broome and Java in 1889.
Last year, on or about 25 Feb. 2014, a 12-foot (approx. 4 metre) long saltwater crocodile caused a brief but excited shutdown of this beach to all public swimming.

Broome is an isolated town, many people drive onto the beach taking a bottle of wine, food, table and chairs and have their evening meal on the beach in the northern part of the beach.
There are cricket games, footballs teams, all kinds of activities some late afternoons where by people entertain themselves.

There are so many people that come each evening to see the sunset.

The first two photos is where people who don't have a vehicle come to lay on the beach.


There is a large carpark plus restaurants, the surf club, lots of green grass with manicured lawn along a small area before heading down the steps to the beach.




This is the northern area where you can get on a camel and off you go at sunset.  I did hear that the camels do go other times in the day as well.


Me cooling off.  Yes, I have my handbag with me, well can't leave it ashore.




The above photo gives you the idea of an afternoon on the sand.

34 comments:

  1. It looks very much like beach life here -- except no crocs! Lovely views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely beach - I love those ripples on the sand that the tide makes as it goes in and out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had lots of fun taking those ripples, and the sea water coming into shore. I find them good for backgrounds on the iPad, phone etc.

      Delete
  3. Wow what wonderful photos, yeah I remember hearing about the croc scare last year, and the days when one could leave their bag on the beach while they wondered into the water are long gone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Jo-Anne, those days are gone, can't even leave your purse in the car these days.

      Delete
  4. Margaret the beach looks great and so clean And you look nice. Typical paradise... for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      It's very clean there, you never see any rubbish lying about - always immaculate.

      Delete
  5. 22km! That sure sounds like a great beach to go for a run along. I wonder what the longest beach in the world is? Surely this must come close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the west coast of Australia there is 80 miles beach which is 220 kilometres (140 mi) in length....amazing! Visited there this year so will do a post on it soon.
      I don't know the longest beach but will see if I can find out..

      Delete
  6. It is a good bathing beach , their blue waters incites to the bathroom, in a sea in calm , while its long stretch and fine sand invites you to stroll along the shoreline, with bare feet, to massage the soles of the feet .

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went for many walks along the beach and at the waters edge. There is just no place like it in Australia.

      Delete
  7. Wow! How pretty! The water looks so cool and refreshing. I would not want to see a crocodile! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The waters edge was lovely and warm for winter time. I wouldn't want to see a croc either. Doubt if you would see one in winter, but you never know.

      Delete
  8. How absolutely lovely.
    I am never comfortable with cars on the beach - but that looks long enough for it not to be an issue.
    Isn't wading on the edge a treat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like wading on the edge, just can't compare it anything else :)
      The cars are ok on the beach, they don't go up the end where most people go. Quite safe and the sand is hard along that particular part.

      Delete
  9. Hello Margaret,
    Wonderful pictures of this beach.
    Nice shot of yourself.
    It's always nice to relax on the beach. Lovely.

    Sweet greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that stairway to the beach. LOVE, LOVE IT.
    Nice to see you cooling off, I would have too. I like that shot of the ripples in the wet sand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good strong stairway.
      Used to cool off every time we went to Cable a Beach...was very inviting that sea edge..

      Delete
  11. The beach is lovely, and I'd love to walk along the water's edge. Since I'm fair complected, you won't find me sun bathing on the beach, however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough you wouldn't be sun baking, I was either, just late afternoon for us..

      Delete
  12. Alas, I have to keep being reminded that WA is referring to Western Australia instead of the American state of Washington in your titles lately. That wouldn't be a senior thing--would it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks rather idyllic Margaret. Acres of sand! I'm not usually a beach person but I might just make an exception for there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One wonders why there is so much sand in the one place. I think you would enjoy a paddle at waters edge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for calling and your comment.
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." Aesop