It's a well kept historic town with the Burra Creek flowing through it.
A pastoral centre and an old mining town. Once Burra mines supplied 89% of South Australia's and 5% of the world's copper for 15 years. Copper was discovered here in 1845 and mining began in 1848. Miners and townspeople migrated to Burra mainly from Cornwall, Wales, Scotland and Germany. The mine first closed in 1877, opened again early in the 20th century and for the last time from 1970 to 1981.
Of course the populations shrank and today it's a sweet little town.
The footbridge across the Burra Creek to the little caravan park and the miner's cottages.
Miners Cottages now accommodation places.
The Catholic Church. St. Joseph's
One of the Hotels.
Something different outside one of the shops.