Wednesday, 17 December 2014

The Bridge.

Tuesday we went to Hobart to visit two of my Aunties, one is 95, the other 88 and both live in their own homes and are doing ok.  The trip down took about 2 - 1/2 hours as it did coming home. 5 hours driving in total.

On the way we called into the historic town of Richmond, Tasmania.  It's a very busy village with many tourist around taking photos.

At Richmond there is a bridge built by convict labour in 1823 and completed in 1825. It is the oldest bridge in Australia.

The sun was in the wrong place for photos to be taken on the southern side of the bridge, this photo was taken from that side.

 

The above photo to me is dreamy.


Facing the sun.


The sun behind me.


The ducks.


The view from the bridge facing south with sun behind me.

20 comments:

  1. The bridge is a beautiful construction and very reminiscent of bridges here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The convicts would have built the bridge as they knew they were built back home...England, Ireland etc. The Architect would have designed from his homeland.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful spot to take pictures, and they are lovely from either side with the son. I'd love to see this in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camera never quite captures what the eye can see however it's good to see in reality as the light is foever changing.

      Delete
  3. I hope your follow me back
    Oh very cute bridge all the different angles and the pics are very cute sweetie~
    Lovely blog btw~
    Now I´m following you in GFC#49
    I hope your follow me back
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great scenes of our clean and green state. I thought I had seen the bridge when driving from Hobart to Port Arthur, but it does not seem to be on the obvious route. Must have a been another similar bridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a green clean State :)
      I believe you would be thinking of the Ross Bridge at Ross in the way to Hobart. We detoured through Richmond as it was much quicker for us to get to Aunties.

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a fantastic landscape and the bridge,too. You come from long living families. Your aunties are in the good shape because they are able to live in their houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lucky to lives in their own homes as you say.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful views of a beautiful old bridge. It's dreamy and idyllic to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I always enjoy Richmond as there is a lot of history there.

      Delete
  7. Oh what a lovely old bridge it may sound strange but I like old bridges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't sound strange at all. I like them too they have great character.

      Delete
  8. It is a lovely old bridge and very photogenic. You did well wherever you were standing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, and I love your Christmas banner.

    ReplyDelete